Tamaravk

Monday, January 16, 2006

Joy

Has anyone been told or does anyone think that reformed churches are joyless in their worship?
I don't think so. I can see why that might be said in some reformed churches, but even then, we don't know the hearts of the people there, right? I was thinking about this Sunday night on the way home from church and I feel that we are just joyful in a different way. We don't show it by waving our hands and playing our music loudly and jumping up and down. Rather, I have found that we are quiet...but not in a bad way. I think there is a contentedness in the air during worship at my church. We are glad to be there and show it through our respect and reverence. I'm not saying that other churches are not reverent, it is just approached another way. But maybe that is something we should study more. I think we forget too often that the service and the worship is intended for God and is because of God, not for ourselves. It is our response to Him. And isn't He worth it?? I always am reminded of this whenever someone says something like the hymns aren't good enough anymore because they don't move this generation. That is kind of like saying God can't use these old words anymore because they are old. In my mind. Sure, those new songs are nice, I'm not condemning them in anyway, I'm just defending something that I feel deserves defending.

1873
Beautiful Saviour! King of creation! Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love thee, truly I'd serve thee, Light of my soul, my joy, my crown.

Fair are the meadows, fair are the woodlands, robed in flowers of blooming spring;
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer; he makes our sorrowing spirit sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fair is the moonlight, bright the sparkling stars on high;
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer than all the angels in the sky.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of the nations! Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and Honour, praise, adoration, now and forevermore be thing!


I hope you all have a joy filled day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home