Tamaravk

Saturday, April 28, 2007

God's Work

I'm just home from the Gleaners Fundraising Dinner. I should say, the Ontario Christian Gleaners, because it is real now, and it's going to be in operation DV this year!

It was so inspiring. I'm trying to think of how to describe it. About a week and a half ago, I was told that our youth group would be asked to help serve the dinner, and did I want to help? I selfishly said no. It was selfish because I just wanted to go and enjoy it...I felt bad about it a bit later, and especially tonight as I was sitting there while my friends were running to and from the kitchen, waiting on me, and asking me if I wanted more gravy or some water...

But, now that the evening is over, I don't feel guilty, or regretful, because the inspiring stories and real statistics and just reliving the memory of 4 summers ago when our yps went down to the Okanagan Gleaners for a missions trip. (that's where it all started!) was Awesome. The enthusiasm in the room was more then moving, I think I needed to hear it. Helping out in the kitchen and serving the food was an awesome serving opportunity, but I wouldn't have been changed....or rather, refreshed, the way I am now. I think God decided I would be in there listening instead of working.

www.ontariogleaners.org

2 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2007 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what you mean Tamara... I almost didn't want to go at the last minute due to the usual (tired, want to stay at home and relax, etc), but I went anyways.
    And it was great. What was also great is that I've been feeling frustrated and semi-depressed for the last couple of days, and something about tonight just pulled me out of that.

    So yeah, good times.

    - Art

     
  • At May 01, 2007 8:00 AM , Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

    hey, it was awesome to serve ... running around and clearing tables, serving food. it was fun. there is something about helping people that i love. but I wish that i could have sat in and listened too. at one point, I sat on the floor and listened when i should have been serving, and what i heard sounded very inspiring. but I was blessed in what i did as well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home