Tamaravk

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday

So Funmi came over. He's fun.

After lunch we were looking for an adventure...and we had no grapes...so Funmi, Katie and I left to visit Flamborough Canadian Reformed church and got there almost 15 minutes late. (but the usher helped us anyways) and then left afterwards because that is what everyone else did. The minister said, " Amen" and everyone filed out of church into their vehicles and left for home...all in about 5 minutes! It was pretty impressive. So I saw the back of the heads of a few people I know, and said a real hello to Matt and John before we followed the leader. Funmi had never been to a Canadian Reformed service, and we warned him that the singing is hard, especially if you are used to our psalter. But of course it wasn't this time and he will never believe anything I say again.

I heard 3 sermons today, and each one had a different distraction that pulled me away from the words I was hearing over and over. Kind of frustrating, but it was interesting to struggle with that, in a way.

3 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2007 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's disappointing that people don't stick around to fellowship.... They don't know what they're missing.

     
  • At February 19, 2007 2:47 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

    I might be wrong, but I think another church meets there after theirs, maybe that's why. lol
    But I agree with you, because at our church we stay almost an hour after the service has ended. The family in charge of cleaning the church turns the lights on and off, as a hint to leave.

     
  • At February 20, 2007 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That could be it. But I have been to some churches where people seem to take off. It's not real healthy, if you ask me. Imagine having a sense of fellowship like the apostles did... not only helping (and correcting) each other, but trust to the point of sharing all their belongings. You don't see that anymore.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home