Tamaravk

Monday, May 07, 2007

25th Anniversary

I love that my Mom doesn't read this...

My parents have been married for 24 years, 11 months and 23 days. This means it's a matter of days before we are having a very large party for them. I was told, several times, "When MY parents had THEIR 25th, we planned the whole party for them." We on the other hand, are only in charge of the entertainment. My mother booked the hall, met with the caterer and is going to decorate by herself. and I think she loves it. And I think it's good that I'm not getting married this year so she still has a party to plan for without going nuts.

We are doing a skit, with Peter as Dad, and Katie as Mom, and Caleb as a bear, and a bus, and a robber. Candice is playing piano, Laura is drawing cartoons for the programs, Benj is playing 'flute' (recorder) and I am do everything else woman. Katie and I considered singing....but our voices only blend sometimes. I can't figure out if it's me or her that is off, but I have a suspicion. Zach might tell a joke or something... he's hard to convince. He'd rather build them a set of drawers than go up on stage.

I think it will be good. My only source of doubt is the Pinata Rat I have to make. Peter and Katie told me to. I don't want it to be a rat. "But mom hates rats!" And " People will want to hit it more!" thus..we will have a large rat hanging from the ceiling. gross eh? I think so. ew. Not a nice decoration. I'm going to accidently make it a football.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home