Tamaravk

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thoughts...

My minister preached on persecution tonight. I was so happy to see him. Last week he traded spaces with the minister from the Flamborough Canadian Reformed Church, and while a change is nice, a change is not nice too, it just takes one to realize it. He said tonight, " Think about the people you spend time with who are not believers, are you influencing them, or are they influencing you?" I spend more time around unbelievers than believers- a first in my life. So that struck me, how can I expect to coast through life without confrontation? One way to do it is to be a hypocrite. That's not really what I want though. Which is weird, why wouldn't I want the easy way?

I was thinking about how I grew up in a Christian home. (which might have something to do with my little fire of passion. I wonder if unbelievers are more impressed with the Christians who became Christian's later in life. I think I would be. When I think about my experiences at work, I get the impression that they may believe that when I go home at night, my parents crack a whip, feed me crusts, read me the bible and lock me in my room and I have no thoughts and make no choices of my own.

Reflecting on what I said a minute ago made me realize that it doesn't matter when you become a Christian, so long as you are talking about it in the first place. The Holy Spirit is what will make the difference, it won't be based at all on mere human thought of what is more impressive.

Thank the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home