Tamaravk

Friday, January 12, 2007

a bit more...

My Kingdom Seekers are, Kristen, Kayla, Esther, Bernita and Danielle. They are all smiley, talkative, with 10x more energy than me.

Badge Night was crazy!

The books from my childhood thing worked really well. We got everything done on the badge that we could, and I told Kristen and Danielle that they can help me out in the library on Sunday morning as part of the badge. (eek...what did I say?)
I don't know..I just love Kingdom Seekers..it is one of the huge highlights of my week. After they were tired of badge work I did some relay races with them to burn some energy, and since Kayla wasn't there tonight, we had 2 teams of 2, and I had them run up the lanes-pathways-walkways whatever they are called in the sanctuary (?anyone? My classroom is the sanctuary by the way.) and then leap frog back to me and the first team back won. It was soo funny. I could tell they were tired after awhile, they were all sweaty and red faced and out of breath but when I asked them if they wanted to quit they said no, and sat on my feet because my feet were freezing cold.
The best part of the night was when I had to use a firm tone of voice and tell them that they needed to be quiet when I was talking...and we talked for a bit after my 'tone time' about our group and how I wanted us to be a good group that has fun and learns a lot... And they all started chiming in with things like " I love our group! I don't want it to ever change! You better be our counselor next year...OR ELSE! hehehehe!!!" Awwww!! :)


Benjamin was funny the other day; he's got a sense of humour that is just starting to come out. It's always funny to discover a sense of humour in a serious person.
I had been telling a story at supper time about some of the women at school talking about the clothes they used to wear back in the day. One such article was tight, highwaisted pants with torn knees with a bit of lace at the pocket and a leather belt. LOL. Anyway, Dad said something about low waisted pants being in when he was young, and then Benjamin says, " When I was a baby we had highwaisted cars" And then he threw back his head and laughed and it was just so funny because he thought he was being funny. I love that kid..he rocks my world.


And now, so I stop sounding like a Mom...I need to celebrate really bad. I am just about done school, I finished a project that just about killed me, and I am finished all the tests I'll ever need to do at Marvel!! So if anyone wants to go out and get a coffee or a drink or something let's go because I'm so ready for it.

3 Comments:

  • At January 12, 2007 7:33 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

    Oh, and I got an email about Campfire, and they aren't going to interview me...so that's too bad. I'm sad, but life goes on right? I'd probably like being a counselor more than being kitchen staff anyway.

     
  • At January 13, 2007 11:06 AM , Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

    God knows best. I know He must have other awesome plans for you. I love you, Tamara!

     
  • At January 13, 2007 11:53 AM , Blogger michelle v said...

    Tam, I'd looove to party with you - except that I'm all the way over in this crummy border city they call windsor :( but when I get out of school in four months then we can celebrate together!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home