Tamaravk

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sometimes a person could go crazy.

One instance was yesterday, when it ice rained and I got a surprise day off of school which I spent with my family. The conversation is to die for.

...We were sitting in Arbys having dinner. My youngest brother and sister didn't remember ever being there before and had a lot to say about the decorations, the location, the windows, the carpet, the tables, the fact that there was no one else in the restaurant besides us, and that a place like that should be packed with people, the food being " meat on a bun? that's it?" and again and again how craaaazy it was that we were the only ones there.
After awhile Benj asked, " Why do they call this place Arbys?" and I said, " Well, they wanted to name it Benjamin, but we got angry at them and told them not to because we didn't want you to grow up thinking you were a restaurant...."
...few minutes later Laura asks " Why do they call them curly fries?" I said, " Well, they wanted to name them Lauras, but we didn't want you to grow up thinking you were a fry...."

Maybe you can sense the slight exasperation that was growing within me...I probably could have said just " I don't know" but after 500 such questions it just wouldn't do.

...On the drive home Laura asks out loud to no one in particular, "Is it raining??"

Ahem.
1. Mom spent the trip into town talking about ice rain and how dangerous it is. 2. I had a snowday from Marvel 3. Mom, Caleb and I spent 20 minutes cleaning off the van before we left the driveway (kids sitting in the van waiting).

But I just told her not to ask stupid questions.
" That was a stupid question?"







Mom saved the day with, " Laura, sometimes you can use your own ears, your own eyes and your own brain to figure out the answer to your questions."

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home