Tamaravk

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm going to lighten up and laugh more

On Sunday, Katie and I went to Mark's after the evening service to celebrate his profession of faith. On the way there, Katie told me I needed to lighten up if I was planning to ever get married.
I was kind of surprised, but I always take her advice because she barely ever gives it. I defended myself to her for a few minutes saying things like I've just started working a real job, and I'm happier than I've been in a while, and blahblahblah..." all true....of course....but then I just shut up and decided to try it.
So I was really light.
Not sure how well that went.

I think she's right though. Her wording was a bit funny, " Sometimes you shouldn't be mature" which meant I should not always be serious.

I think you can lighten up and be mature at the same time.
I think kindness and sincerity are important parts too.

Then we talked about laughter. If you know my sister, you know her laugh, because she does it often. I don't want to sound old and sour as I probably do by now, but I'm happy to say I've had a few times recently where I really laughed, the kind where you can't help it. Where it's SO easy. Where it doesn't sound fake to me.
I love that!
I want to laugh like that more often!





There's nothing better than discovering a little kid's sense of humour.
I hope I give birth to funny children someday.

1 Comments:

  • At May 09, 2007 8:56 AM , Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

    I agree. Laughter is so much fun. I think the Bible says something like 'a joyful heart is good medicine but a broken spirit dries up the bones' (Steve Green song!!) Love you tamara.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home