Tamaravk

Friday, January 19, 2007

Bullies and Sickness

Katie got picked on today, by the youngest three kids in our family. They hurt her feelings by telling her she is too big to ride the sleds they want to use and better stick to riding the GT. I don't think there is a big enough age gap to establish the respect she wants. If they told me that, lol...big trouble.

And Caleb's Mp3 played was stolen at school. He got it for Christmas. That makes me really angry. People have always picked on him and it makes me angry everytime.

I'm really sick. It was a long time coming, and now it's hitting me hard. It's just a cold, but it's making everything ache. I spent last night changing position every half hour or so because my back would hurt, or my arms, or legs... And your head weighs a hundred pounds in the middle of the night with a cold. To top it off theres that never ending drip...


Sigh. The things we wish we could fix but just have to get through. Thank God for his comfort.

5 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2007 4:24 AM , Blogger Ben said...

    Bullies are sick people in the same way that we can get sick, i think. I feel sorry for someone who is too "cool" to not steal an mp3 player. having a lack of public image (in other words people think you're crazy) is helping me a lot in my high school. it kind of excuses me to do things that are good and right and fun and self-sacrificial. if my social status ever got in the way of me serving, i think i would move to a new high school. it must suck for people who can't really be who they really are or say how they really feel because of their "friends". it sucks more for people they target. i'm sorry that had to happen to your brother.

     
  • At January 20, 2007 6:37 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

    Hey Ben...
    That's so true what you said, having a 'crazy' status allows you to be who you should. Once you get your peers past the fact that you are different and are determined to stay different things are so much easier! I've experienced that too. I'm still facing challenges because of what they see me as, but it's better than trying to hide it all the time for image sake.

     
  • At January 20, 2007 7:15 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

    that's an interesting idea Ben. I admire you for your lack of social status. tehehe.

    I like Caleb.

     
  • At January 24, 2007 12:14 PM , Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

    Hmm, I like these thoughts. Something to think about! Tamara, how do you always get comments that are so interesting and insightful?

     
  • At January 24, 2007 12:15 PM , Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

    Oh, and Caleb is pretty neat. He is unique, and that's what makes him special. I'm not always sure how to take him, but that's no reason to pick on someone like that. It's just all the more reason to love him for who God created to be.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home