Tamaravk

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Wellandport Conference

So, I was at the Wellandport conference all day. :D
I went through a few months where I didn't enjoy conferences at all, but I've gotten out of that for some reason. My theory is that because while I had a boyfriend, I didn't go to conferences much (they really are a single's mingle) and then afterwards (trying to get back into that scene) was really hard!

The theory I have about why it was hard is this: I am unapproachable. So I've become very bold and I just talk to people so that I don't spend the entire day alone. Lisa and I tried it again tonight. At supper we sat at a table and said that we were going to sit there and see if anyone sat with us. No one did! all the other tables were pretty much full, and then there was me and her. We haven't decided whether it's her or me, or both...but yeah. We did that once before at Tamarack and the same thing happened.

I don't mind being the person who walks up to the other...but there are times when I don't want to, and then I'll try things like what we did at supper and I end up feeling kind of depressed. :S

It's kind of confusing, because I don't believe that people just don't want to talk to us...I think it's that they don't want to break up a conversation..or something like that... ? It is a bit hard to just walk up to people-even when you have talked to them before, but why leave it to only the ones like me? :P haha

Mom and Dad left for Calgary this morning. Back on Friday night. Mom was so excited all week she couldn't do school. I mean, she couldn't teach school. So now I have to...but whatever. I'm already driving them to music lessons and going grocery shopping and doing laundry and cooking meals...what's one more thing? Besides...if there wasn't a bit of school to do, they would be on the gameboy/nintendo/computer/tv all day.
Another disgusting thing is, if I wasn't going to cook all week they would have eggo waffles for breakfast, pizza pops for lunch, waffles for snack, pizza pops for supper and waffles for after supper snack. eewww.

So..I'm mommy all week. :) it's kind of cool, I'm planning to take them skating at some point, and Katie's birthday is on Wednesday, so we might go out for breakfast.

Ahh! 2 cool things...Marvel in 9 days...and the other

I cut that sentence off on purpose. Maybe I'll finish later.

The art show was great by the way. Only one bad thing, and that was being in heels all evening. I don't think I'm going to be one of those hairdressers who can be in heels all day long. I would take a long time getting used to that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home