Tamaravk

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Oma

My Great Grandmother (Oma) died today at age 91. Needless to say it hasn't been a great day. I don't have a lot of experience with getting that sort of news. It was right during supper and I finished eating after awhile but it really didn't sit well. My whole family is so thankful for the way she went. It was simply old age and the things that come with it, so praise God! Mom is thankful also that she got to see her last week before things got bad.
My Mom and Dad and I went to the AOC finale tonight, even though we had just heard the news, and it was a beautiful concert. I was moved by that concert more than I have by any choir concert in a long time. The only thing was I kept getting teary eyed because my emotions were right there waiting for something to set them off. bad bad... A youth leader had a slight tremor in her voice from emotion... and I was crying, Ryan talked about the song he wrote and why he wrote it and I was crying. I even cried during the thank yous. :S

My day started wonderful and went downhill, but at the moment I'm feeling really good. This morning I drove around for 2 hours trying to find a way through the protest in Caledonia ...oh man..long story. Basically I chose the wrong day to be heading that way, and I talked to the wrong person about directions on how to get around. He was a genius I tell you!

Anyway, if anyone who saw me tonight thought I was quiet and maybe a bit green, you know why. Ha! It was a great concert though, I saw a lot of people I don't see very often anymore. I saw a guy I know who lives in Dundas and while I went to school there I saw him often as I was walking to my car after class and we'd walk by eachother and I could tell he recognized me so I smiled at him every day, but he never said hi. I didn't either because I wanted to see if he would be able to place where he'd seen me before. Never happened. I said hi tonight and he seemed scared/confused so I didn't push it.

Julie-see you saturday:)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home