Tamaravk

Sunday, June 04, 2006

MUSIC

So, Music.
PLEASE someone explain to me why music can make some people so angry? Maybe angry isn't the word...passionate, yeah, some people are so passionate in their opinions about music: what they like, and what they don't like. I see friends of mine telling other friends off for their choice of music (and why that choice actually sucks if you haven't noticed I'll take the time to tell you.)
Me: I can't truthfully rule out certain types of music, I always find things I like in all the varieties. There is good rock, and bad rock, good pop and bad pop, good classical and bad classical. (Like the classical my art teacher played us to set the mood during life drawing. lol! Not good. I think my art suffered.)
When it comes to bands I guess I'm a bit more picky. But I generally don't know much behind what comes out of my radio-I don't know the names of lives of the singers/bandplayers...If I do it's because of Ryan and Anton. Mostly Ryan..ha. I don't know where they come from or what they do in their free time. Ok, I know that James Blunt used to be a soldier. But I'll probably forget.
My Problem with music extreemists is how they are really really put off when you listen to a group that doesn't meet their standards. When I think about the friends who have been 'mad' at me for my music choices, they are all guys. WHOA>crazy. Maybe that's part of the problem, different things in music appeal to different audiences.? yeah, I think so. I have had a few music lessons in my life so there are certain things in music that I appreciate more because of that.
Not sure where I'm going with this..and Mom is yelling at me to clear the table. Maybe I'll just edit later.
Oh yeah, and I like Lots of country! Not all country, I think some of it is awful, but sometimes it's only a few songs from a band that are awful and the rest I like. Ever had that?

New thoughts-20 minutes later..
I decided to not post and come back! Actually, according to blogger my blog entry is huge and will take at least 19 minutes to load!
Will people fight me about music? I was thinking while I cleared the table that I may not care as deeply about music as some people and get mad that they get mad, but I should probably let them be that way. So I think it's fine if you are that way, go ahead. I have things that I would get mad at you for too. I have things that I know lots about and am passionate about as well. I love talking about those things and DEF. have opinions. :)

I went to the CYA retreat this weekend. I knew about 4 people really well, and had seen about 3 more before, but when I left on saturday I think I could tell you at least half of their names and loads of other stuff that I learned in the get-to-know-you games. Those games are more fun when you don't know anything about them to begin with. It was nice to go to a Canadian Reformed event. It's refreshing to get away from the usual once in awhile. It was fantastic to...joking, I'll quit. I loved it though, Campfire is a beautiful place. Mosquitos love it there too.
And today was Dan's profession. His church is a lot bigger inside than outside. I was sitting there trying to figure out why I liked it so much inside and realized that it's because of the color red. The ceiling in the church is this beautiful red wood color. mmm...very nice. I love red. I am glad I was born with red hair. haha.

I should write about red hair sometime..I have lots of thoughts on it.
Ok fine, might as well since I'm not talking to anyone online right now. OH wow Laura, your timing amazes me. :)
I've always told my Dad that red heads have the best of both worlds. (brunettes with brains and blondes with the fun thing) Especially if you have blondish red hair. He likes blonde hair. Is it safe to say that a lot of men like blonde hair? I wouldn't go blonde for that reason..ha. Kristen and I were talking about it tonight and we have both wondered if red heads even get married. Personally, hasn't been working out so great. My plan (not God's) was to marry the first guy I went out with. hmm didn't happen, so I tried again, hmmmmdidn't happen. Now I'm single and picky.
Something I've wondered about red heads is if people treat us differently. If that's so then those few guys who thought my hair was 'brown' even after years of knowing me are my only true friends. lol. I don't think I am treated differently, but then I wouldn't know would I? please comment. Someone told me that most guys will fall in love with a red head in their life time. Haha..that's funny. I like that one. I've also read an article about how ancient painters always put red hair on the bad women in their paintings. And lastly, a man came into the store where I worked one evening and told me that red heads are going to be non existant in 40 years. I took that to mean that no more babies would be born with red hair, not that I was going to die in the next 40.... but I think he's crazy.

3 Comments:

  • At June 05, 2006 6:57 AM , Blogger My name is Tim... said...

    Interesting post! You sure like discussing a whole range of issues on your blog - solving the world's problems must keep you busy. :)

     
  • At June 05, 2006 2:11 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

    Solving the world's problems..
    You might have just summed up what is wrong with me. I should take it easy!

     
  • At June 12, 2006 5:08 PM , Blogger joel muiS said...

    Hey Tamara, I found your blog. Now you will be haunted by random wierd comments. How nice.

    Anyways, yeah, red hair is cool, and only 93 percent of women with red hair are evil (and I'm fairly certain you're not one of them. I think).

    And yes, music is very important. Very. Even if you have no playing skills. Which I don't :( , I have very high standards for what I listen to.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home